Tuesday, February 5, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/roman-catholic-mass-changes_n_931908.html So, about a year ago, a significant change happened in my church. Most of the words said in every mass were similar, but noticeably different. My family and I were definitely caught off guard to say the least, we were going to church regularly, and the words didn't seem like they were a one-mass thing. I always assumed it was just a revision implemented by just my church. However, after some research, I was wrong. The words of the mass were changed in the Vatican and, shortly afterward, every Catholic Church. It turns out the revision was made in order to more closely resemble the original Latin mass, similar to the mission of the Vatican II. The details are explained in the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment